Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Oh my...the BEST meal we've had in all of England!!

After a day in Bourton-on-the-Water, we took Di and Bry's recommendation for their regular dining spot and were not disappointed!  Dinner at The Swan at Coombe Hill was by far the best meal and dining experience we've had since arriving almost 2 weeks ago!

Our appetizer was Camembert Baked in the Box with gherkins (boy was I surprised though when I bit into the gherkins and discovered they are dill rather than sweet like we have in the South!).  For our "Mains", Moma had a Free Range Pork Chop with Mashed Potatoes (real ones!!) with a cider cream sauce, Daddy had the Seafood Pappardelle Pasta and yours truly had Oven Roasted Breast of Chicken lyonnaise potatoes, honey & mustard cream.  Everything was absolutely fantastic!  If it would not have been in poor manners and completely socially unacceptable, Moma said she would have picked up the pork chop bone and got every little bit and I would most definitely would have licked the plate as the gravy on my meal was like heaven on a plate!!

Moma was good and opted to skip dessert but Daddy and I couldn't resist the temptation.  Daddy had Raspberry & White Chocolate Creme Brulee with vanilla shortbread and I had Eton Mess (strawberries, meringue, whipped cream and berry sauce) on the server's recommendation...he was spot on!  Normally I am all about chocolate but when I asked him the best dessert, he didn't hesitate to recommend the Eton Mess so how could I not give it a go?!  Of course, I had to try a bite of Daddy's dessert (and he mine) and must say he also made a good choice.  Mine was so light and I rationalized that the strawberries were healthy and therefore not a bad dessert ;)

We could most definitely understand why The Swan is Di and Bry's regular spot.  Many thanks y'all for the recommendation!

No comments:

Post a Comment