- Olive oil and canned corned beef are refrigerated but eggs are not
- Grocery buggies are called trolleys and you pay a £1 deposit to use them
- Drivers are absolutely insane...a two lane road suddenly becomes a three lane road when someone feels the need to over take another driver
- When an electrical outlet is not in use, you turn off the power source
- In the grocery store, you can buy pre-packaged veggies, meats and other foods in single or two person serving sizes...what a fabulous idea!
- Store clerks are actually friendly and helpful!
- You "give way" instead of "yield" to another driver
- Instead of "exit" signs, you have "way out" signs
- Roundabouts are crazy fun
- The English don't wash their windows...a window washer comes to your house every few weeks and washes the outside for you...and they are super friendly
- You "mind" rather than "watch" (ie. the gap and the step)
- Rather than continuing down the road or on your way, you "carry on"
- They have the HUGEST flies...the house flies are like bomber flies but the funny thing is only one will come in the house at a time...guess they're territorial!
- Things don't spoil, they "go off"...learned that term while at Westons Cider
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Random Things We've Noticed
Every day we notice little things about England...here are just a few: