Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Only 3 more weeks...

and I'll be on the other side of the big pond!

Over the next few weeks, I'll be getting my home ready for Dianne and Bryan.  One of the many good things about home exchange is suddenly the things on your "home to do list" get moved up on the priority scale.  The little things I've thought about doing are actually getting done...a very good thing!

Another fun thing is thinking about all the great things there are to do in my hometown as I get brochures and maps together for Di and Bry.  I just know they are really going to enjoy the best town in the United States (of course I'm a bit biased).

Di has been sending me so many great suggestions for things to do and places to visit...we are definitely going to have a fabulous time!  I do love cider and was thrilled to discover the area of the Cotswolds where we'll be is known for its traditional English cider!  Also looking forward to visiting Di's son and daughter-in-law's pub, Queen Adelaide.

Day trips to Bath and Stratford-upon-Avon are just a couple things on the agenda.  A weekend in Cardiff, Wales is also planned.  Apparently the big town close to the house has the cathedral where all the Harry Potter movies were filmed so maybe I'll pick up a little magic on the trip.  Of course there will be many stops for daily tea and the oh so wonderful Devon clotted cream...how divine!!

Oh what fun we will have...now if I can just stay focused on work for the next three weeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment