Wednesday, June 9, 2010

This time in 2 weeks...

we should be checked in to our hotel, bag slightly unpacked and getting ready for bed after a Transatlantic flight.  So happy to be leaving early in the morning and arriving in London in time for English bedtime...its all about avoiding jet lag.

At some point I will start to think about packing but my usual MO will no doubt prevail and I will pack the day before we leave.  As my travel buddies know, my motto is "if it doesn't fit in a carry-on, it doesn't go".  I've proudly traveled all over the world for weeks at a time in a carry-on suitcase.  Why waste valuable time waiting at the luggage carousel?  My mom and dad will be joining me on this adventure and the adventure for them will begin with the packing as they will have to manage to fit their belongings in a carry-on!

Our tickets for the Ceremony of the Keys at the Tower of London arrived recently and my excitement grew even more as I was so hoping we would be lucky enough to get tickets.  Just imaging being inside the Tower of London at night and hearing the door shut and lock behind you sends chill down my spine!  Hopefully the travel gods will show us favor and provide sunny days while we are in London as a flight on the London Eye is on my "to do list".

Again, if I can just stay focused for 2 more weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment