Friday, July 8, 2022

Shoes & The Voice


Since we have been starting out our days pretty early since my arrival, we decided to make today a casual day before meeting Elaine's former AirBnB host for a late lunch.  Of course on a day when I could sleep in, I was up with the chickens (or seagulls as is the case in Porto).  There are so many shops on Santa Catarina that I decided to head back over to explore some more.  Elaine had introduced Moma and I to Pikolinos after one of her visits before moving. When I passed the store today, I saw the Saldos sign so of course I had to check out things.  Saldos is Portuguese for Sale.  








So many choices but I finally selected these as I don't have much room in my suitcase...plus who knows where my suitcase will end up when I leave Porto to head to Croatia.  Moma's are the ones on the left and mine are on the right.










This evening we joined Elaine’s Portuguese Moma (her old AirBnB host) and her husband for a concert. Luis Trigacheiro won Portugal's The Voice 2021 and is quite popular...especially with the ladies.  The theatre was absolutely beautiful and is one of the oldest in Porto.



















Norenda (aka Moma) is a BIG fan of Luis and was taking pictures all night.  At one point, she climbed over her husband to get a better view!











No comments:

Post a Comment