Sunday, April 14, 2019

Palm Sunday in Galway




After yesterday's adventure, I decided to sleep in and have a relaxing morning before going to Palm Sunday mass at the Cathedral of Our Lady Assumed into Heaven and St. Nicholas. The church was on the other side of Galway from my hotel so it was a 15 minute walk.  According to Johnny, you can get from one side of Galway to the other in 15 minutes and he was right.



 

The mass was celebrated by Father Peter Rabbitte (no kidding)








According the lady in the church shop, Blake's Corner Bar is a good spot for lunch.  I had a fabulous grilled cod with potatoes (shocking potatoes in Ireland I know) and a pint.  Perfect on this chilly day!








A little more wandering around Galway and I found myself at the Franciscan Abbey of Galway.  Mass was just ending so there was a good bit of activity in the church.  It seemed like a very friendly parish as folks spoke to me and welcomed me as I was walking around.  I do love the Irish...they are such a friendly people.







After a little more walking around, I headed back to my hotel to relax.  I definitely plan to come back to Galway and explore more of the surrounding areas.  Dinner tonight was back at the hotel bar...the pubs nearby were so crowded a seat was no where to be found as a there was a football game on the tellie.  Tomorrow I head back to Dublin.

No comments:

Post a Comment