Saturday, July 9, 2011

And we're off...

The adventure begins and so far the travel gods are with me!  My original flight was delayed which would have caused me to miss my flight to Philadelphia to meet up with Julie for the flight to Amsterdam.  When using a frequent flyer ticket one does have to make way too many connections...I was originally schedule to fly Charleston to DC to Philadelphia to Amsterdam.  John and Reggie at the USAir gate in Charleston hooked me up and put me on a direct flight to Philadelphia…wahoo!
Getting in to Philadelphia so early gave me time to grab a cheese steak (with Whiz of course) while waiting on Julie.  One of my favorite things about traveling is experiencing the food of the places I visit.  Granted a cheese steak in the airport is not the same as going to Pat or Mike’s but at least it is a Philly Cheese Steak.  Speaking of food, I’m so looking forward to visiting some of the fabulous places my new buddies in Amsterdam and Antwerp recommended (a bennie of working for Spoleto was I got to meet some cool folks from all over the world and Fabio and Els are two of my favs!).
I'll try my best to keep you posted as we make our way through the lands of windmills, wooden shoes, beer and chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment